Chop Wood, Carry Water

Friday, July 8, 2011

Call me Crazy......

I guess I am used to the ridiculously hot BJJ room at Unit 2......Traven will often turn on the furnace to 90 in the middle of the summer!  I don't mind this, I have always liked to sweat buckets.   I suppose I am used to this because I walked into the fitness center at my apartment complex and was uncomfy.  I walk in and there are 3 dudes doing their "Insanity" workout off of a computer they had plugged in.  No worries, they were working pretty hard.  I had a problem with this:  They had turned down the a/c to 68 degrees.  I mean come on ppl, do you really not like to sweat that much?  Call me crazy, but I always semi-equated the amount of sweat pouring off of a person to how hard that person was working.  They were bouncing around and what not, with no sweat.  I grunted onto the elliptical, knowing that it was going to take a miracle for me to sweat like I wanted.  Then I felt the burn in my throat and chest, like I was running in 32 degree weather.  I was getting anggrrrryyy......I pushed to my limit for 40 minutes, trying to get through my last session of the day.   I looked down.....my shirt was barely wet, my face had barely beaded up, and of course there was no sweat to be found anywhere else.  I felt like I had failed.  Call it a complex.  I was not a happy panda.

No comments:

Post a Comment